Your needs are unique,
your service should be too.
Do your business need a VAT registration ?
VAT Registration is mandatory for companies and individuals doing businesses in the UAE, having an annual turnover of more than AED 375,000/-. VAT is implemented in the UAE from 1st January 2018 and companies / individuals coming under above threshold limit of AED 187,500 needs a voluntary registration as per by VAT law.The business and activity conducted regularly or on an ongoing basis, e.g. industrial, commercial, professional, trade, etc are need to be registered in order to pay and claim back any VAT.
We would like to inform you that the Federal Tax Authority (FTA) has opened the link for registration under the VAT law. VAT registration will need to be done through the FTA Online Portal via link below. Before proceeding for VAT registration, the applicant should consider weather to register as a Tax Group or a Standalone etc. To proceed with VAT Registration please click https://eservices.tax.gov.ae/en-us/
Before applying for VAT Registration, below mentioned documents are required in soft copy to proceed with the VAT registration process
- Authorized signatory or company owner identity documents e.g. passport copy, Emirates ID, Visa page
- Scan of Trade license with certificate of incorporation, article of association
- Power of attorney if signatory not present to sign the VAT registration printed form.
- Description of business activities
- Turnover for the last 12 months in AED
- Supporting document for 12-month sales
- Expected turnover in next 30 days
- Estimated value of imports for one year
- Custom registration number if registered
- Estimated value of exports for one year
- Supporting documents for customs registration in each Emirates if applicable.
- Details of Bank Account
- Register for VAT in the country where the business activity takes place.
- Assess (charge) VAT on all or some of the invoices issued to the customers.
- Reclaim most of the VAT incurred from the UAE vendors
- Declare the VAT to the Federal tax authorities through a VAT filing, and pay the difference of the collected and paid VAT.
VAT registration should be done prior to the turnover threshold set by FTA in UAE, since it might be a legal requirement. Else, it might not be possible to receive a possible VAT refund otherwise.
We care. Da Gate’s guiding philosophy is to understand and have empathy with our clients while providing specialist professional VAT advice and services. If you need professional VAT advice and compliance our renowned team is able to help you.